Monday, December 28, 2009

Snowed in/Snowed out

I was scheduled to be in the Arnold Saturday at 7pm. I was also scheduled to be in the Saturday afternoon improv class that day as well. Well, Christmas day came along and the roads were packed...with snow. Classes were cancled by John...but the shows remained a go for the time. Saturday afternoon, my friend Chris came and helped me shovel snow off of the driveway.

Note to Self: I need to get a good shovel and a good pair of snow boots. This will keep the snow from falling again if I'm actually prepaired for it...that's how it always worked while I was still in public school.

Around 3pm, the snow was coming back down and everything that had been shoveled was starting to get covered again. I told Chris that I had a feeling that trying to get out to Bonner that night might be futile. No more than 5 minutes later, John called me to tell me that the shows were canceled because roads were still bad in Bonner. This made me feel relieved a bit because I didn't have to worry about getting out there that night. So Chris and I "finished up" what we could do and I took him to get lunch as part of the deal. I had promised $20-$30 and/or lunch to anyone who would help me shovel the snow. Before getting lunch, I gave Nifer a call to ask about the Sunday class. At the time, the class for Sunday was still on and she would call before noon on Sunday if she decided to cancel.
By the way, I know Nifer is responsable enough to let everyone from class know if she were to cancel. But with the driveway still needing to be finished (and redone what was already done because of the added snow) I wanted to have a plan of action to work with. If she had canceled the class, I probably wouldn't have cared. But class was still on, so Chris and I went across the street to a hardware store to get a snow shovel.

Note to self: Snow shovel: Check. Now to concern myself with getting some snow boots.

Sunday morning came. My family and I didn't get to church because of the condition of the driveway (and maybe even the rodes). Chris came back to help me finish the driveway. When we had the last 1/7 of the driveway to finish, a neighbor of ours (I'm not sure who or where he lives though...I only assume that he lives down the street) pulled his tractor into the driveway, lowered a pull shovel in back of his tractor, and cleared off the last 1/7. All we had left to clean off was the sides of the driveway where the cars had to drive over. Thanks to the help of this guy, Chris coming back to help some finish the job, and me having a new snow shovel, we got the driveway finished between 11:05am and about 1:25pm (with a 5 minute break around noon).
Nifer's class continued as scheduled. But it was just myself and Chris in class. So we did some quick warm ups and a few scenes and then at break, Nifer practiced some of her coffee making skills on Chris and I...and John popped up and had some coffee as well. I had a hot chocolate...by the way, I was Nifer's first hot chocolate customer...and by that, she said that she hadn't even ever made any for herself. Anyway, after break we got back together and discussed what we're going to be doing in our show coming up in about a month. Oh, did I mention we're having a show? Yes, we're having a show coming up in a month for an hour followed by an hour of Dial-A-Show! It's Saturday the 23rd and it's also got 92 Monsters at 9pm!
Tune in soon for anything concerning Monday night improv.

No comments: