Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy Place

I got to go to my happy place tonight. It's the Roving Imp theatre. I didn't even do any improv myself either. I was in the booth working tech for the rehearsal of It's Debatable. This is a very easy show to tech because the lights actually never black out. They dim and come up and dim again but there is no cue to black out. The topics for rehearsal involved replacing eyes with x-ray vision goggles. The second involved free sex and drugs for middle school children. But they are discussed in the style of a high school debate (I assume...I was never actually involved with debate in high school. I'm just going off the discription of the show).
After rehearsal, we all played a game called LIST. This is a game in which you get a topic and then you go around 2 times to get something with that list. For example, a topic would be favorite fruit. Suggestions would be like Apple, Pear, Pineapple, bananna, blueberry, grape, orange...anyway, we go around the circle of people twice and get 2 list. Then, we go around once and everyone chooses one to eliminate. Like blueberry and Pineapple would get eliminated. Then, we go around twice and vote for which one to win the main one...we vote for 2 of them...but 1 a round. I actually won one. It was Maggie Gyllenhaal for what female celebraty would you want to have as your naughty cuddle buddy. I've never won a list before but I never expected it to be that catagory.
Anyway, it was a fun night.

No comments: