Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It snowed...

And I really hate snow. And quite frankly, I can't really remember ever liking snow. There were times we would get about 6" of snow and they would not cancel school. Then when I was in high school, we would get ice storms where the ice was 2" thick and they wouldn't cancel school and my mom would be mad at me for having to go to school...she would have to go to work and therefore, have to leave even extra early to drop me off at school. Every now and then, we'd get the surprise storms that no one knew what to do because they'd come right after an Indian Summer (days in January where it gets up to 65-75) and then temps plummet to 25 and rain.
When I went to JCCC, they hardly ever canceled for snow. It would snow about 2 or so inches and they still would not cancle and people like to act like they can drive in snow but they don't know how to do so. A drive that usually took 30 minutes would take about 65 minutes. Then KU NEVER canceled at all. The only time they actually canceled was when there was a microburst in March of 2006. Then they canceled when the Men's Basketball won the championship in April of 2008. One or two times, a class was canceled because of weather, but more often than not, there wasn't a snow closing...I'd have to tell my teachers that I commuted and if it snows too much, I may have to miss class.

So yes, I got to the point where I just absolutely hate snow and I curse snow all the time whether it snows or not.

No comments: