Thursday, October 29, 2009

Whatever You Like

I'm currently obsessed with "Whatever You Like." It's the "Weird Al" Yankovic song parody that came out a year ago to the song "Whatever You Like" by T-I (or however it's spelled). The "Weird Al" version is a parody of that song and a satire on the economy.

Anyway, I got a schedule on when I'm in shows at the Roving Imp, Teching shows at the Roving Imp and needing to go for rehersal. And since I'm on the subject of Teching, I want to say something about it. I had gone to 2 tech workshops. There weren't 2 originally set up, there was 1. But after 1 tech workshop, I didn't really feel comfortable teching shows. Then, I got a chance to tech a regular rehearsal since I asked have another tech workshop. Teching a rehearsal for a regular group was different than teching during a tech workshop. It's a difference of doing everything you need to do with lights and the camera during the time of 2 minutes at the longest, to everything you need to do with lights and the camera during the duration of how a regular show would run. Needless to say, the tech rehearsal where you take care of it for the duration of how a regular show would run (aprox. 35-55 minutes) is a bit more relaxing than start tape, start recording computer, bring house lights down, bring house lights up, watch 1 minute worth of scene, blackout, stage lights back up as show is exited, blackout, house lights, stop computer recording, stop cam-corder from recording, rewind and set up for the next half of what the show would be and do it again. Technically, you do the same at either. But there is a difference between 2 minutes and 35-55 minutes. That's all I'm saying.

No comments: