Saturday, October 24, 2009

I can post again!

Hey, I wanted to come on to blogspot yesterday but there was some weird issue.

Anyway, I'm on now. I wanted to tell about the ImpFest going on at the Roving Imp in Bonner Springs. Unfortunately, my memory isn't what it used to be when it comes to what I've seen and also, I don't have the expierence of blogging to talk about something other than myself...including how I feel about something (which is why I CAN tell about things like improv).
The first night had 4 shows. Anomily Orange, Tantrum, Triv-Prov, and Spite. I had seen Anomaly Orange and Triv-Prov before. Anomaly Orange was the first local improv group I saw back when they were Hype 7 for a free show on Apr. 1, 2008 at the Union at KU. This was the group that made me realize that I wanted to get back into performing again. There is a longer story there that would be better suited for another blog.
Triv-Prov is a two person (once 4 person but only once) show that is the game of trivial pursuit only instead of playing for pies, there are points when they're right and a game when someone gets it wrong.
Last night was my first night seeing Tantrum and Spite. Both excelent...unfortunately, I lack a lot of knowlege when it comes to their groups...but maybe after more shows.

Now tonight, I'd have a better knowlege of. There were 2 halves. The first half was Anomaly Orange, Biblioclast: Charlie Brown Christmas; and Spite. The second half was Improv Abilities, Coma Chameleon, and Tantrum. Biblioclast is just John and Nifer. They take suggestions from the previous show and take the lines from the suggestion (book, movie, play, long-form poem...) and put together a one act play based upon the lines. There first was about a year ago when they did Endgame by Samuel Becket. After the December show when they did Star Trek Deep Space 9 (my suggestion) they revamped the format. Until then, they just simply did what came after the ending of the original suggestion. Improv Abilities is a group I've seen 3 times now. The first time was last year when I was still new to improv. Second was at the Record Bar 2 months ago. Tonight made time number 3. Then Coma Chamilion is one with 2 parts. There is the Chamilion part (everyone takes on the charicteristics of a specific animal that can walk and talk like a human). Then there is the Coma part (one performer is in a coma and they get guest who come talk to them). This is the only group performing in the ImpFest that I've actually been in. Tonight, they just did the Chamilion part which was a little monkey of some kind.

Anyway, I worked the lights for I-A and Coma Chamilion. Saturday night, I'm working the lights for both the 7 and 9pm with the exception of Brownies Don't Lie.

I will end this now because it's after 5am. But I want to include that the after party took us to a pub/bar and grill at K-7 and Shawnee Mission Parkway where I got to sing "Talk Dirty To Me" by Poison on Kereokee!

No comments: