Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weird day

The ImpFest offically ended today. I wasn't in any classes so I didn't go out to Bonner Springs today like I normally would on a Sunday afternoon for Nifer's class. The workshops that were going on were still part of ImpFest. So instead, I napped. However, usually I nap when I get home from my church and then get up to get ready to go to class. But for some reason, I had gotten on the computer and then wound up getting my nap at the time I'd be leaving. Then I napped for 3 hours. I had some weird dreams too. But I have weird dreams all the time. And I always find myself zoning into the weirdest thing within those weird dreams. I don't care what the point to the dream is, I zone in on the most obscure thing.

In fact, I wrote a poem about that one time called "I Dream of Zombie (and Nipple?)?" Yes, the double question mark is on purpose. In the poem, the charicter is having this dream where everyone is in an old KMart when these zombies attack and they've put up a fort and they have clowns and a T-Rex and BatMan...specifically the nippled BatMan from BatMan Forever and "And Robin". At the end, the charicter wakes up and he doesn't care about anything else, he just wants to know why BatMan had nipples. There were zombies who would attack him and do a song and dance numbers and a T-Rex but the only thing significant was why did BatMan have nipples. I wrote most of my poetry to be humours. A few people in class complained first of all that it rhymed. Someone complained that I ended it with waking up as a dream that being cliche'd. I titled it "I Dream..." so what are they complaining about. Then someone also complained that I should focus more on the nation's view of sexuality. So much for humor and fun. The class for the most part enjoied it though. I did wind up doing 1 serious piece in class (this is Poetry Writing 2 by the way). I hated it because it was too personal for me but everyone loved it. Okay, well, I'm a fiction writer more so anyway.

No comments: