Saturday, August 28, 2010

Robot Parade

Okay, so tonight was my first Robot Parade show since the last Friday in February. This was because I chose to take ONLY Saturday class for level 2. However, as I said earlier this week or maybe last, the Saturday class has been canceled and everyone who was in the Saturday class had been bumped to Monday night class. This was a difficult transition for a few reasons. I won't go into them because I think I've gone into them before recently. But the Arnold was destroied and the Monday class was (fortunately) very welcoming of us...by us, I mean only 2 of us made it to class. That was myself and Steve. Chris is doing Ottowa University stuff for 8 weeks. Shannon teaches high school. And Marti couldn't even make it to class on Saturday sometimes. Nifer moved to Chicago...but since she was in Level 3, she wouldn't be in class anyway because everyone from Level 3 was told to take only Level 3 so that everyone from Saturday could fit into Monday. The Monday night class consisted of Mary, who was there back when I was still part of it in February, Hannah, who is part of R I Spectacular...but also joined Nifer's class about 10 months or so ago, and Greg, who was also in Nifer's class for a long time.
Anyway, tonight was our show. Thankfully, Steve and I got to perform after having only 2 classes this month...the 7th and the 23rd. This was also Hannah's last Robot Parade show. She's moving to England on the 17th of September for school.
By the way, you know how many people are leaving us lately? Nifer moved to Chicago. Hannah's leaving to go to England. Patrick is offically leaving the Imp to work and study at KU. Patrick came out of the green room at one point and said, "I can't believe you're in R I Spectacular and I'm leaving." I said, "I can't believe you're leaving by your own choice."
Anyway, the show was a lot of fun. I didn't feel confident playing this one game of Fairy Tale News Cast. This was based upon some bad expierences I had during the rehearsals of it.
DISCLAIMER: the bad expierences were probably in my head. So I told John before the show that I felt a lack of confidence in myself in that game. It was a good thing I did. Turns out he had more confidence in me for that game than I did. My lack of confidence didn't change anything.
I wound up being paired with Hannah as one of the news anchors. The fairy tale was Sleeping Beauty. Steve was the "in the field" reporter and Mary was the interviewee. At one point, she told about Sleeping Beauty eating a bite of an apple and falling asleep. The only thing that came into my head was...is Mary confusing Sleeping Beauty and Snow White? When it came back, I said, "This just in: apples are the best way to get girls to sleep."

By the way, back when I was doing graphic designs for shows, I did this picture (which took me a long time to put everything together too by the way) for Robot Parade. It's only fitting to put it up for the blog entry dedicated to it:


Anyway, I updated my facebook status about the show saying that I "would change nothing about Robot Parade tonight; except for it would've been nice if someone was in the audiance who couldn't be. But I wouldn't change anything about the show itself. I'm quite happy about it."
Tell me, does it look like I'm refering to someone inparticular here. If it is, I've got a feeling that nobody is going to know who it is I was thinking about when I typed it. I hesitated posting it because I had the feeling that everyone might think I was refering to someone else...then again, the only people I invited who were able to make it were my mom and grandma. I did however get a call this morning from a friend who said they wouldn't be able to make it. I very much appriciated them calling to tell me they couldn't. It was as though they cared enough about my feelings and how I feel/think of them to let me know ahead of time as opposed to just not show up.
I was actually kind of refering to her. I wanted her to show up. She couldn't and she let me know, but I still wish she could have. But in the meantime, I'm not really JUST limiting it to her. I wish others could have been there tonight also who couldn't show up because stuff like can't find a babysitter, or they live to far away, or any number of reasons that they didn't have when they said they would. But oh well. I've got more of a show on the 18th and they get to participate in the jam that night if they want to.

No comments: