Sunday, November 29, 2009

7 Minutes In Heaven

Time for a "quick" weekend update. This may be Improv heavy. I can't be held responsable to what I find to be most fulfilling in my weekend.
Anyway, going back to Thursday:

Thursday: This was Thanksgiving. I didn't do much. I was on the back end of a sinus problem and trying to make sure I could be in the shows Friday and Saturday night. My mom and grandma went out while I stayed home and watch the Office Jim&Pam's wedding in HD. Then, after my mom and grandma got back from dinner, we watched Animal Crackers. It's a Marx Bros. movie.

Friday: Feeling more refreashed from the time spent getting over the cold...thing...I left the house finally for the first time since Tuesday. I went and had breakfast with my grandma at Pegah's family restaurant. That night, I was in Robot Parade at the Roving Imp. I'm not going to say I did great, but I did what I did and I'm proud of it. In the first half, we did celebraty/location and Roving Imp show and Super Hero Wedding. The main showcase in the first half was emotional facial exspressions. My scene partner and I were in a doctor's office and our emotions were "Shamed" and "in love". The second half was our long form which was 7-Minutes In Heaven.
Sucess was made in attempting and going through with an accent (I called it a former USSR country). As far as what I did, that's what I feel the most proud of. Then I was in the Tech booth for ONE. After the show, 4 of us stayed (John, Nifer, Chris, and myself) and we played Act 1. This is a game with lines from TV shows and movies and everyone has to guess the title from the lines.

Saturday: Improv workshop at 1:30-4pm. This was also the night of the Arnold and so class ran the way the show was supposed to run. Looking back, I can't remember many specifics. The first half pretty much had the same games as Friday night. However, I do feel good about my portrayal of "Terrified" and "Twisted". However, "Twisted" was more in my body than my face. The second half was Minor Charicters. I hardly ever had a spot light charicter (minor charicter who took the foreground) except for about once or twice and I'm fine with that. I was told over all that my performence has gotten a lot better since last month. The 9pm show was Omega Directive. I'm glad I was in the audience for it. The second half was ALSO 7 Minutes In Heaven. My favorite was on with Juliette Capulette and Marsha Bradey. Anyway, after the shows, a few of us stayed late and watched The Room...quite possably the worse movie ever made. I can talk about this more later.

Sunday: I got to church early to do the projector stuff. I got home and loaded Robot Parade pictures onto Facebook. I tried The Arnold but had too many problems. I took about an hour nap and then went to Nifer's improv class. As always, this was a fun class. I conciously "yes...and-ed". My problem...while I have no problem "yes"ing, I lack in "and"ing. I'm told my "and"ings are actually very good...but lacks in amount. This is based upon a fear of denying something that has already been set up...mostly...also, it's easy to go into "stuff-prov" which is okay in small amounts (when the stuff doesn't overshadow the relationship between those on stage) but can easily be thrown into overdrive when you're not careful.
I also tried an angry French-man and I also gave a reaction that wasn't expected that I feel proud of.

Anyway, that was the weekend.

No comments: