Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ceremony

On December 13, 2009, I have a chance to be recognized in a graduation ceremony along with other summer and winter graduates from KU. This is a Sunday starting at 2pm. I don't know how long it'll take but I am pretty sure that, at best, I would be late for Nifer's improv class if I even go to class at all. I know what anyone who will come across this blog would probably be saying:
"This guy is contemplating between his own graduation ceremony and an improv class he does on a weekly basis."

And if you're not thinking that, you're thinking:
"Wow, this guy really likes his improv!"

Or you might even be thinking:
"I'm hungry, when's lunch (or breakfast or dinner depending on when you read this)".

Well, the truth is that at least 2 of these are correct. The last one is correct in some cases because you may really be hungry when you read this. It just doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand. The first one is correct because, though I do intend on going to the ceremony, nothing hurts me worse than to miss an improv class. And that is because the second one is correct. If I'm lucky, I'm doing something involving improv as much as 5 nights a week. Thrusday night - Monday night...though sometimes as seldom as Saturday afternoon - Monday night. Improv is really the only thing in my life currently that makes life worth living.

Side note: I suffer from mild depression every now and then...To the point where I don't care about anything and...though I don't become suicidal...I do question the usefulness of my life and if it would matter to anyone if I died in a horrindous car accident. Sometimes I feel the need to cry but without knowing a reason. I call this "mild depression" because it's not diagnosed by a profeshinal...I can't afford it because I don't have a job...I will explain this in another blog update. I tryed to hear and it just got really long...

Anyway, so yeah, improv is what I find makes life worth living. Even if I don't perform, it's the haning out with my friends afterwords that just helps me unwind because we all have past issues and things that have made us who we are today. Some of my issues are shared with others and some aren't.

But this update is really about the fact that I don't want to have to miss class for a ceremony that only a select number of family and friends will be able to attend...but I spent 7 years trying for that degree and I know people will be upset with me if I don't walk across the stage. I even brought it up in class last Sunday and everyone was like yeah...go for it.
I don't know what I hope or want to accomplish in typing this update. I think I just wanted to get something said in my own words.

No comments: