Monday, November 23, 2009

...because of the diamond

The following will be my attempt at a quick weekend update going back to Thursday.

Thursday night was rehearsal for ONE (I was there for the booth) and R. I. Spectacular. I was there to hang out. Anyway, after rehearsal, a few of us stayed and watched Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. Nifer had to write down lines for her and John to pull during Biblioclast Saturday night...for which I was also in the booth...more on that later.

Friday night, my mom, grandma and I went to see A Reduced Christmas Carol, Cinderella: Or The Shoe Must Go On and Christmas vauldville at Martin City Melodrama at Metcalf South (at one point it it's life it was a) Mall. Reduced Christmas Carol was the cast of 7 was reduced to 2...2 people doing A Christmas Carol with hats and props changes...Basically the show was NOT A Christmas Carol. The show WAS these two people left to do it on their own.
By the way, I have often considered auditioning for Martin City Melodrama...but I don't know if I really want to do scripted shows anymore. I got burned out the whole idea of scripted theatre a while back. But that's a blog entry for another time. After the show, we went to IHOP. Yeah, don't remind me.

Saturday afternoon was the Arnold workshop. I found out I wasn't the only one having issues with facial exspression. However, I was able to pull off a facial exspression in one scene that went from annoyed disgust to painful pleasure in a sorority scene where I was made all wet and then had to have a starfish placed on my left nipple. To keep this blog family friendly, I'll leave it at that. Then, I was given the personal challenge to be the person in charge. It didn't work great...not in my opinion anyway. I started as a charicter who yelled at his newborn son for not crying so we could know he was alive to being the current pope telling Max Weinburg that he couldn't be a priest because Max Weinburg is Jewish and the pope was a former nazi.
Anyway, Saturday night was R.I. Spectacular and Biblioclast. I was in the booth for Biblioclast but I really laughed too hard and realized 1/2 way through the first half that I was laughing too hard and loud. They don't mind the laughing. But I'm closer to the mic.
Anyway, Biblioclast for December was once again my suggestion (and I only put in 3). It's going to be The Muppet Christmas Carol. I decided I was going to put in some version of A Christmas Carol for December and that one was really my favorite as a child...also, I didn't actually believe it would be the one drawn.
After shows, a few of us stayed and we played a game of Past Lives. At the end, I wound up with 1,800 credits or so and level 2 which tells you at the end who you were in a past life. One time before, I was Fatty Arbuckle. This time I was Catherin the Great from Russia.

Sunday I was late to church...as always...though I was more on time than I've been lately. Anyway, after my teching was finished, I came home and got a nap. I had some decent dreams for my Sunday afternoon nap. They usually wind up with me getting attacked or something. Nifer's class was canceled (this is back to reality, not my dream) because of a belly dance that was at 4. It was actually quite interesting. Unfortunately, the CDs they were using had been scrached previously. So John's computer didn't want to play them. They would play the CD but stop as it got to the scratched spot. My computer does that as well. It will play any part of the CD but at the track that's scratched, it will play and then stop...of course, it was the tracks they were using that were scratched. The show went well otherwise. I can say I witnessed a cultural expierence today.
Anyway, I came home and my family and I went to eat at Applebee's.

Now there are 2 things that should be mentioned:
1) The title "...because of the diamond" is a phrase that John uses to describe anytime plot is being used in improv. If you're saying anything that can be imidiately followed with "...because of the diamond" you're going into plot. However, I think it would be a good title to a writen story.
2) If I'm going to give a "quick update" I have to leave improv workshops and rehearsals out of it. I even went back to shorten out some details from Saturday. Then Monday night is another workshop for Robot Parade...which is this Friday. Maybe I'll be able to give a shorter update for that.

No comments: