Thursday, January 7, 2010

A day out/A day home

Tuesday, I did a lot of running around in the afternoon. I started by dropping off some things for my family at the insurance office. Then, I went to Wal*Mart and got myself some nice dressy shirts for when I'm in shows at the Roving Imp (bright yellow long sleeve...I have a short sleeve...and a mint green one). My desire to get these shirts is because I had a white one and a blue one (that were long sleeve) and a bright yellow shortsleeve one. I also have a red Hawaiian shirt...but that was for Improv Survivor which had it's last run in September so I probably won't wear it for a show again for a while. While I was there, I also got a pair of lounge pants. I also got Land Of The Lost on DVD which, for the record, I did ask for for Christmas. Then, I drove out to the Roving Imp Theater and Coffee Shop to get a "White Hot Chocolate" (it's hot chocolate but with some white chocolate sauce mixed in...it wasn't as sculding hot as "White Hot" sounds). I paid with a check which allowed me to get 1 size bigger than I had usually been getting.

Side Note: I think this was actually the best hot chocolate I had gotten there. Either Nifer has gotten used to how I like my hot chocolate...since she has usually been the one working the cash register when I get one...or the larger size than I usually get allowed the whole mix to move in perfectly where it needed to go. (Anyone reading this, especially John and/or Nifer, please note that I said this and have this in writing).

Anyway, when I left the Roving Imp with my hot chocolate, I proceded to the Johnson County Library main branch. When I didn't find what I was looking for there, I went to get gas (to prepair for the snow storm) and then on to the Antioch branch. When I didn't find what I wanted there, I went to the Shawnee one. The Shawnee one had what I was looking for but in a high school reading section. It's Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. It's supposidly the exact same story but with a study guide in the back for high schoolers. On Monday nights after workshop, the group at the Roving Imp is reading this book. I had to leave early last Monday but I want to get caught up so that I can join them next Monday. I finally got home sometime after dark...and it was about 2pm when I left the house.

Wednesday it snowed. I started off the day doing laundry and eating breakfast while watching STAR TREK VI: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY. It's been awhile since I've seen it. But one thing I've noticed is that the guy who played Odo in STAR TREK DEEP SPACE 9 was in this movie...not as Odo...as a human. But now, he's been edited out somehow. What his charicter did at the end is still there, but every thing else was edited out of the movie...no, I don't know why...almost makes me wonder if Ethan Phillips who played Nelix on STAR TREK VOYAGER was edited out of the reissue of STAR TREK: FIRST CONTACT. But I digress myself.
Anyway, I also tried to call a friend of mine who I haven't seen in a while. It's his birthday. But of course, I couldn't get a hold of him. Other than that, it snowed...and I need to shovel the snow so that I can get out tomorrow night and go to rehearsal at the Roving Imp...and my grandma has to go to the store during the day...
I'm tired of snow. I wonder how much it would cost to move to Hawaii but to visit back here on weekends so I can see shows at the Roving Imp. If I had the money, I'd go for it.

1 comment:

Chris Hurt said...

Three weeks in a row, of snow! I had almost forgotten that it snowed. It's been above freezing for so long, and the snow has all but melted completely.