Friday, May 28, 2010

Rehearsal and Water

First off, let me just say that I wasn't happy with Dimensional Rift rehearsal tonight. I felt off the entire time and down right horrable. Situation: You don't want to hit your scene partner. Your scene partner is telling you to hit them. Your charicter starts arguing that you don't want to hit them and they insist. If you're arguing, you're not avoiding conflict. I eventually had to go through with it because I wasn't sure enough of myself to avoid one without avoiding the other. Now, the desission to go with it was one thing. Doesn't mean I'm happy with that...or the results. I gave up and didn't know what else I could do that would make the scene work by not going through with it.
At least bad rehearsals usually lead to good shows.

I do have some good news to comment on for tonight, though. We're getting a new water filtration system here at my house. It will be set up Tuesday for all over the house. It's set up by Hague Watermax. As it is, our tap water is pretty bad. It's not horrible, but it's worse than okay. So this is supposed to be for a 25 year warrenty. We're also going to have a 2 year supply of various soaps sent to us...like shampoo and body soaps and loations and window cleaner and laundry detergent and dishwasher soap that has the water softener taken out because we're not going to need it over the course of 10 years or so. It's going to wind up saving money in the long run because of that...and also plumbing issues and also supposed to make us healthier. Also, I won't spend as much money on water bottles because my only need for water bottles would be to take it with me somewhere and be able to toss when I reach my destination. By the end of 10 years, we own the system. We still pay for the city water...but we're using less amounts. The warrenty continues through for an additional 15 years after that.
Anyway, that system is getting set up Tuesday afternoon.

And those would be the good and sucky of what happened Thursday eavning.

No comments: