Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Panic!

So I had a few distracting things on my mind today. Nothing was on my mind that was actually important (important or drastic; the things on my mind/things pushed out of my mind by what was on my mind didn't lead to anyone's demise). When I woke up this morning, I checked my facebook and e-mail, like I usually do, and found 2 of my friends who updated their status with something concerning Hitchhicker's Guide To The Galaxy (movie I love and book series I've only read 2 parts of and still mean to read).
One status update was stated "would like to know...what IS 6 times 7?".
I said, ""What is 6 X 7?" is the ultimate question from Hitchhicker's Guide To The Galaxy. If you follow numerology, 6 is an inperfect number and 7 is a perfect complete number. Therefore, 42 is the answer to what is both perfect and not perfect thrown together."
Reading some more status updates, I came to one that said, "happy towel day everyone! Don't Panic!"
This being the second one I saw, I said, "Wait, is this international Hitchhicker's Guide To The Galaxy Day? Why didn't anyone tell me?!?!"
So, when I updated my status today, I said "wants to know if this is international Hitchhicker's Guide To The Galaxy day because I've seen at least 2 status updates associated with Hitchhicker's Guide but no one has told me anything! Did I miss something?"
I then commented on my own status to say "I hate to say it but I'm actually somewhat panicked about this. How ironic is that?".
Then Martha said, "DON'T PANIC! Where's your towel?!?".
Then John said, "42".

Anyway, I did want to update with a few other status updates. For a while now, I've been doing some status updates in which I ask for comments based upon whatever. Without giving names of people who responded, I'm wanting to give the questions and some replies:
David "wants you to type a comment on this status that, if you could travel through time, what date would you go to?"
Reply 1: Napoleonic wars
Reply 2: About 100 yers into the future.
Reply 3: Friday, February 29. 2008
Reply 4: (This was me commenting about the previous date. It seemed kind of random. I didn't get a reply on the status but the date given was public).
Reply 5: November 5, 1955.... (Carl making a Back To The Future reference).
Reply 6: no fair, Carl, use "Quantum Leap" rules!
(doubles back, under rock)
Reply 7: Last Tuesday so I can pay my phone bill on time. (Zach making a "Weird Al" Reference).
Reply 8: Carl could have traveled back in time and changed bodies with a family member. (Me commenting on the Quantum Leap vs. Back To The Future issue).
Reply 9: Quantum leap rules... Within your own lifetime, unless you are hit by lightning... :-/ (Carl, I guess, didn't like those rules).
Reply 10: Yeah, use "Quantum Leap" rules!
Reply 11: Lightning hit and Sam and Al traded places. However, Sam leaped into his great-great-grandpa and fought in the Civil War.
Great Scott (Bacula)! (Me showing off nerd knowlege like it's my j-o-b).
Reply 12: March 31st, 1984, and I'd be seventeen years old.

Another one I had was "David wants to know this: If you knew FOR A FACT you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today?".
Reply 1: Say F-U to my diet and eat all my faves!
Reply 2: Kill you (I guess James thought I was the one going to kill him...)
Reply 3: Make out with James, whether he liked it or not.
Reply 4: (I made a comment that I would use that time to get away. Then do what I'd do).
Reply 5: Get a second opinion.

Another one I had was "David wants to know, if you could claim one song, or a few songs that are pretty dang close, what song would you claim (or what songs are almost tied) as your number 1 favorite song?"
Reply 1: A friend from high school said, "For sentimental reasons my favorite song is my favorite things from the sound of music".
Reply 2: Chris said "“Dare” from “The Transformers: The Motion Picture.”".

Finally, one of them asked, "David wants to know, if you had all the time in the world and money wasn't an issue, where in the world would you like to visit?".
Reply 1: Jeremy said "I'd spend a while in Belgium if I could."
Reply 2: Another friend from high school said, "United Arab of Emirates."
Reply 3: Chris said, "♫ Trip to the world
Yo! Here we go unknown world e to umareta bakari no tabibito
narenai ashidori mo mata aikyou KIMERU toko dake BASHItto!
So many people in this world toki ni chuushou tokamonai wake ja nai kedo
SHIMANNAI toko ha Warp shite kou suji dake ha tooshite ikiteru That's our low! ♫ ...(slides back, under rock)"
Reply 4: John said, "only one place? Back to London then. It's the best city in the world."

These are some status updates I wanted to post about here. Now I can go back to facebook and clean out my profile some.
By the way, 1 month ago at this time, those of us who went to Chicago were on the MegaBus probably making (or just made or soon to make) our first convienent store stop back between Chicago and St. Louis.

1 comment:

Chris Hurt said...

I like this post and all of everything in one place: an easily accessible archive!

Konata says, “Good Job!”