Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Auto Work

Okay, so a week ago Tuesday, my car started smoking really bad. It turned out that an air bubble got into the radiator pipe and it burst causing radiator fluid to wind up all over the inside of the hood of the car. No lights came on or anything. But the temperature guage was all the way above hot. Some guy had me pull over and he took a look at it. I was with my mom and grandma at the time. We were heading to Perkin's to get some dinner. A tow truck came and took the car to CarMax. It was about 8pm so there was nobody there really to do anything. I was able to give them my keys and then wait for a cab.
On Wednesday, I got a call telling me what all was going on. But it had to stay over night because parts had to be called for. This "over night" just so happend to be going into Thanksgiving weekend. They were closed Thursday-Sunday. I even got a call Friday reminding me that nobody was there. And the shop is closed Saturday-Sunday anyway.
On Monday, they found something else wrong. They localized it to a cracked pipe.
Oh, I forgot to mention that my car was also leaking (the guy used the word "puking") oil. Not very plesant word when referring to what the oil in your car is doing...or not talking about oil at all.
Anyway, I got my car back Tuesday around 2:00 pm. This made it just shy of a full week by about 6-7 hours. I had a $50 co-pay on an extended warrenty that covered everything but what was found on Monday. Parts and labor brought the total bill to $119 and some cents.
Now, I'm going to update my blog in another day or so about the improv this last weekend. And I also thank Chris Hurt for the lift he provided with his car so that I could participate out at the Roving Imp this last weekend. But like I said, that's another blog entry for another time.

No comments: