Saturday, October 9, 2010

You Know What's Annoying? 004

You know what's annoying? Political ads. I'm so sick and tired of political ads. I live in Johnson County, KS and I have yet to see many political ads for any one or any issue that I'll be voting for or agaisnt. 98% of all the political ads I've found are all Missouri ads. I'm not political enough to care about issues that Missouri has on the ballet. But the news I get is from Kansas City. There are no issues up to be voted for other than issues soley on the states and all the ads I've been seeing are for Missouri. Then at the primaries, I got political ads for Kansas but I wasn't for any of them. I found it annoying when they would talk about a certian canadate being pro NRA like it was a good thing. Then, it didn't even matter because August were the primaries which means ONLY Democrats and Republicans got to vote (by the way, I've got my own issue with this but that's another story). And there is no cross voting like their is in the general election. I didn't even know that there were any Democrats running because all the ads were Republican.
By the way, for those who don't follow politics or do follow politics but may be by some chance reading from overseas or something, in the primaries, you vote for who you want to vote for in November. It's like the Democrats have 3 guys and the Republicans have 3 guys and the one with the most votes go head-to-head in November.

Another annoying thing about political ads is that, once again, I live in Johnson County, KS. This is very much Eastern Kansas. You can't get much more Eastern without going into Missouri. There are issues that as a Kansan, I vote for or against, but as a Johnson Countian goes against things that I'm interested in. For example, I'm 27 years, 3 months, and about 21-23 days old or so. I've lived in Kansas all my life. I just found out that we actually have "small towns" in the last 5 years. I thought small towns were something Hollywood just came up with in Superman stories to make us look rural. There are small town/farm land issues that are never going to affect me.

Bottom line, I'm sick and tired of political ads for peole or issues that I'm never going to be voting for or on...not out of spite...but for the main and simple reason that I don't even live in the state they are campaigning in or their views and beliefs, when they are directed to me as a voter, go against what's most important to me.

By the way, this is probably my most politically driven blog entry to date. I don't like getting political on blogspot. But this isn't so much political as it is about the advertising of politics. I don't really want to talk about a specific political issue because it usually just gets me angry or somehow overtly passionate.
My mom told me something she heard on the radio is that this guy isn't going to vote for any of his canadates because their political ads don't say anything about what they do, they just talk about what the other canadate has done wrong.

No comments: