Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cancer Awareness

For about a week now, I've had friends on facebook update their status saying where they like it...I like it on the kitchen table...I like it in the hall...I like it on the door knob...I like it in the woods...I like it between someone's legs in the passenger seat...
The list goes on. Of course, we all know what they're talking about, right? Brest cancer. These are my female friends updating their status saying where they like to put there purse...which obviously teaches me something about Brest Cancer.
Ok, no, I'm joking. Telling me where they like their purse by saying that they like "it" in a certain location tells me nothing about Brest Cancer at all. As I said on a friend's or 2 status updates this evening...
I'm not any more aware of Brest Cancer than I was 2 months ago. But I am more aware of how kinky some of my female friends are.

Here's the thing, if you're going to make people aware of something, you should give something abscure that tells nothing related to the subject. Back in January, even more of my female friends were posting the color of their bras for Brest Cancer awareness. This made just as little sence because they only posted a color. When I found out what the color was, I suggested they should also post the color of thier panties to help fight cirvical cancer...it did about just as much the same work as saying what the braw color was. But I didn't get much feed back. So I decided to take my own tactic. I decided to post the color of boxer shorts I was wearing and say that with that, I'm helping to fight testicular cancer.
I actually got more of a response from that. I've done something simular this time. Since the girls were posting where they like to put their purses...something that is a feminine thing (it's a feminine thing...if a guy has a purse, it's called a murse or something like that). So I took a more manly thing and said...
I like car keys in the egnition. Since cars are manly, I just made you all aware of testicular cancer.
Bottom line, if you're going to make people aware of Cancer, do something about it or come out and say something about it. Don't beat around the bush and talk about something unrelated.

No comments: