Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Can't

I'd like to think that I have it all together. I'd also like to believe that I'm all that and a bag of chips/da bomb digity/whatever phrase is used now to mean cool. But I can't. I can't even get on the computer at night without realizing that the sun has already come up before I'm through on the computer. I want to have a regular schedule but I can't even get on the computer until about 12:15am. Now, it's 5am already and I haven't got caught up on everything I wanted to do. I haven't even update this blog since I posted the album overview to Warren Zevon's Learning to Flinch album.
I've been wanting to a full on movie review of this movie I saw a week ago with my mom for her birthday called Alpha and Omega. Since I'm not going to have enough time to do a full on review of the movie, I'll just try and do a quickie here:
The idea behind Alpha and Omega is that these 2 wolves, one is an alpha female and the other is an omega male (which is supposed to represent their social status in the pack) get shipped off to this park reserve in Utah or Idaho or something (where isn't all that important) in order to repopulate the species there. The male likes this because he likes her. The female likes him but doesn't like-like him (it's a kid/family pic so of course it's got that dynamic). The female's family was set to mate with the alpha from this other pack wolves but then she wound up missing (when the 2 wolves got sent to the park). While they try to find their way back, the packs become offended with the other pack...while the alpha male from the one pack starts to fall for the sister of the alpha female...who is actually an omega.
As it turns out, it works because the 2 that ran off together wind up both liking each other and the ones who stayed liked each other. The day is saved.
I found the movie to be very Shakespearean romantic-comedy-esk in nature...no pun intended. It may have just been obvious to me since I've studied enough Shakespeare to recognize the connection when I see one.
What sucked: I say it like this because there are parts that sucked about it. And for the most part, I can forgive it. There were things that were very irrational and cartoon-like and just simply wouldn't have happened in the real world. Even in the way they moved (the female wolf did a lot of mid air summer-salts* for example). Since this was a cartoon, I didn't mind it too much. It was logical enough for the storyline. The female wolf went through training to be an alpha (she went away to school to learn to be an alpha...like I said, cartoon). The human attributes they put on the wolves is why it could get away with being illogical. The other thing that sucked...and the only thing about this movie that I personally couldn't forgive was that when the wolves would howl, they treated it like a pop song. This is something I just could not stand. It was annoying. To me, the howl of a wolf is one of the coolest most awesome sounds in nature. And it seemed like what they did by putting it to a pop song sound was bastardizing it in the worst way. And not good pop like pop-rock...bad pop. The kind that made my part ways with my family on what radio station to listen to 10 years ago.
Yes, coming up, we've got the BackStreet Cubs...followed by N*Trail. Then coming out the rear, it's Justin Beaver! Why? Because they're wolves and he's a beaver so they ate him and digested him and now they're pooping him out.
-Radio DJ of the forest.

I really can't stand pop-pop...at all. I hate it. This is music that I was forced to listen to when I was younger and I wanted to stab the members of the Backseat Boys, N*Stink, and run after Hanson with scissors...if for nothing else to cut off their hair. I still do sometimes. I hate Hanson so much with every fiber of my being. I would be a lot happier if they had never been born.
But personal torture put on to me by pop bands aside, that's my review of the movie. I liked it for the most part except for that which I just ranted about.

Anyway, the time is now 5:40 so it took me almost 45 minutes to type this. This is another example of how not-together I have it. It took me half an hour to write a review of a family movie at least. Some of it was ranting at the beginning of this entry and here. But it shouldn't take that long to just type a movie review.

Now, I'll try and go to bed. Please notice my foot note.



*By the way, I'm not sure how to spell summer-salts. This is the spelling that Firefox doesn't have an issue with. I can't guarantee that it's right.

No comments: