Saturday, July 31, 2010

You know what's annoying? 001

You know what's annoying? Photobucket. I use it a lot when I make the videos for the overviews of the Warren Zevon albums. But it's hard to work with. You put in the subject of what you're looking for. Let's say it's "stupid." The first page comes up with 20 images out of 103,431. Right away, the very first page gives me 5 images that have the word "stupid" in the image...one of them is a repeat. 2 images have one or more cats. 1 has a rabbit with a 4-leaf clover on it's ear through bad photoshopping. One has the word "idiot" but not stupid. There is one image from Futurama in which they are listening to Bender (which may be stupid that they're listening to him but I don't recognize the exact episode). There is an image that looks like some guy from a T.V. screen who looks like he is stupid and 1 baby or toddler and the rest of people but none actually has anyone doing something stupid. The first stupid thing is on the 2nd page that is an animated image of a monkey trying to stick a fork into a socket. On the third page, I found a guy shooting a fire cracker out of his pants. It, too, was an animation. What I'm trying to get at is that something may get tagged as "stupid" as the photo loader was just being a jerk and saying that someone was stupid and it got placed under stupid. Also, I was trying to find an animated image of a tornado sirin blowing. (Warren Zevon has a line that is "everytime I hear the sirins blow") If I type in "Blow" in the search, I get this message:
Your search term probably relates to adult content. Photobucket DOES NOT host sexually explicit content.


Warning: If you are under 18 or live in an area where it is illegal for you to view explicit content try another search.

or...

Continue your Photobucket search here

However, if I were to look for images of a jerk, I don't find images of anyone necesarily being a jerk, but I do find animation charicters jerking-off every now and then. I must have a problem figuring out what is consider sexual words. Why is "blowing" any more sexual than "jerking-off?" Even if I were to put in "whistle blow," I get that message. Ugh! I guess I could have a blog update about trying to figure out why certain things are sexual and others aren't. But I'm trying to keep this a family friendly blog. I just want to say that everyone has a fetish.
There is an advantage to Photobucket over Google Image. There is a greater chance of finding an animated image. I love these and try to get at least 1 into the videos.

1 comment:

Chris Hurt said...

Insightful, David.