Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Medicne

I currently have a sinus infection. It's not the biggest issue in the world. I've had them before and I'll more than likely get them again. The issue is that I'm now taking an antibiotic which almost always screws with my eating schedule. This one is one I take twice a day WITH FOOD. But, I can't take it any less than 2 hours before or after consuming either dairy products or an antacid. I've had 3 bleeding ulcers before so the doctor has me taking Prilosec OTC for life. I take it once a day on a 15 day cycle (14 then 1 day without). As soon as I take it, I like to have breakfast...which is cereal and pop-tarts (though, sometimes, my grandma and I go to Pegah's Restaurant...but that doesn't matter for this update). I also take Allegra-D twice a day. This is for allergies and is to be taken 1 hour before or 2-3 hours after a meal...an empty stomich in other words. So, I get up early to take this. I go back to bed for an hour. Get up, take the Prilosec, have the cereal. Wait for a couple of hours, and then have the pop tarts so I can have my antibiotic with food but 2 hours after having dairy and/or antacid. The same happens 12 hours later. However, this time around, there isn't an antacid involved. But I practically have 2 dinners just like I practically have 2 breakfastes. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about having 2 lunches.
By the way, I'm not a HUGE fan of food...strangely enough. There are very few foods that appeal to me that I would have to say that I love. This would include cheese and ice cream. The problem here...is that they are both DAIRY! UGH!

No comments: