Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Leaning Tower of CDs-uh

So I had a dream while taking a nap Saturday or Sunday afternoon. It involved the fact that I haven't cleaned my room since May of last year. I had a mess of books, CDs, DVDs, paper and various other what not around my bed. But in the dream, it was by my bedroom door. I wasn't able to close my door without it turning to rubber and doing the whole curve at the middle of the door thing you would see in a cartoon or slap-stick comedy. And my door was busted. So I decided that this week, I was going to clean my room. I started today.
I started with the previously mentioned pile. I got all the books up and then the CDs. The CDs I had in a tower...not a tower like you place CDs in, a tower like one on top of the other until your stack of CDs is taller than you with no support. Before I could finish the tower, the stack would fall every single time. I eventually decided to take some of the CDs that I haven't listened to for a long time (a long with some DVDs and Gamecube games) to Vintage Stock to sell to them. I wound up getting $26.55 for all of them. That's not too bad. Of course, the most I got for any one item was $3 and the least was $0.05. Some of these, I tried to sell at the garage sale at the Roving Imp back on the first Sunday in June.
(Wow, has it been that long)?
Anway, I now have 5 stacks in the middle of the floor...neater than scattered around. But now, I need to figure out what I'll do with some of my DVDs I still have as well as books...
I'll do that tomorrow after I have a chance to take care of business like paying for my car's plates and getting a dust mask and getting my oil changed...

No comments: