Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Music

This is kind of random...especially for not having really given a propper blog update in about 2 weeks. I just haven't felt like typing any blog updates or anything. I've been out late at night...usually in Bonner Springs...and by the time I get home, I'm too tired to type anything. But right now, I want to talk about music...or rather, why music is note worthy to bring up right now.
First off, let me just say that I like music. I like it a lot. I especially like Classic Rock. As Bob Seger sang, "I like that old time Rock and Roll." I also like a small handful of Country (Garth Brooks, Johnny Cash), and some punk (Bowling For Soup, Green Day) and a dwindeling amount of hair metal (Guns&Roses, Poison). I even performed "Talk Dirty To Me" in a Kareokee Bar the first time I was in one.

Anyway, about 3 1/2 weeks ago (by the way, this is where the music start comes in), John at the Roving Imp said he was wanting to clean out the play list on the computer in the theater and start over with a whole new play list. I offered to loan him any number of my CDs (I've got between 150 and 300). But it was actually Nifer who first stated she would be interested in borrowing some of my CDs. So I went through about 95% of my CDs (not so much the hair metal music) and took them to the Imp for her to puruse, burn, and then pass on to John for him to puruse.
I don't know what all albums John used or that Nifer kept for her iPod, but I do know that John put some songs onto a shuffled playlist to be played during the Red Rubber Ball show Saturday night. One of them was the song "Jesus Mentioned" by Warren Zevon off of the album THE ENVOY. It was based off of the Seinfeld episode (the show, not the song, the song is about Elvis) The Puffy Shirt. John decided to pick music that was hard to understand. All of the Warren Zevon songs were from The Envoy. Perhaps I've listened to that album so much that I don't have a problem understanding the songs.

Anyway, since I've gotten all of the CD's back, I've been interested in listening to them. I'm trying to go through some of my old CD's I've had for years but haven't listened to in a while. Some of them, it's been a few years. Some hasn't been since I went to JCCC...or high school.
Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot of time to listen so I listen in my car. But I'm not going far enough to listen to a greatest hits album. Oh well. I'm still having fun going through my old CDs.

No comments: