Friday, September 9, 2011

Star Trek met it's 45th year!

Star Trek first aired on September 8, 1966. That means yesterday, Star Trek turned 45. Unfortunately, The History Channel left that information out when, on it's fan page when it gives what happened on that day in history, it did mention that the Oprah Winfry show first aired on yesterday's date back in 1986.
I always have to make commentary on the History Channel's This Day In History. So here is what I said about it...
The Oprah Winfrey Show broadcasted nationally for the first time today in 1986. But Star Trek first aired today in 1966...a full 20 years before hand. Therefore, Oprah has to step up her game...like 10 movies (and a reboot), 4 spin-off series (and a cartoon series) and she must invent new nerdy things that become main stream in 40 years (like cell phones and skype) before she is legit.



Anyway, in other news, there is something big coming up next week...September 14th. I'm not necessarily involved. But a friend of mine is and I said I would put an advertisement for her thing up on here...yes, it's something to be advertised.
I just want to make sure I have enough time to give it the full credit it deserves.

No comments: