Monday, November 22, 2010

Fun Filled Magical Weekend

You know, I don't really just comment about my days and or weekends anymore. And since I don't really feel like posting a long entry about the weekend, I'll sum it up into a few highlights of what when on.
Starting with Thursday night (because that's when the fun really got started) I got to witness an Omega Directive rehearsal since I'm teching the show this next coming weekend. Then I got to be involved with a rehearsal that one might say was quite an R I Spectacular rehearsal. (What, it's my blog, I can pun if I want to).
I am starting to find myself feeling really comfortable breaking into song and dance duirng improv games. I don't know if it's natural or not. But it feels right sometimes.
Friday morning, I woke up early to go out to Studio 30 in Olathe, KS to see the IMAX showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I. In case you haven't guessed, this is why it was a "Fun Filled Magical Weekend." I saw it with my mom and then afterwords...well, for a good portion of the day infact, we discussed the movie and book compairison on an intilectual level. This is something that feels weird but refreshing to do to just discuss a movie in this way.
Friday night, I went to see the musical FAME at Sumnor Acadamy because one of my friends from the Roving Imp teaches there and directed the show.
Saturday night, I was in the show and I was most recognized for singing about using a plunger. But I also died in a snow ball fight with an audiance member. And I asked questions inside a Chinese restaurant. ONE and Deep Space Emily were good shows as well. I got to tech Deep Space Emily.
Sunday afternoon, my family and I went to Metcalf South (wish it were a) Mall to see A Star Trek Christmas or Beam Me Up Santa. As you can probably tell, this was a holidy comedy special. The show was followed with an operetta called Hamletta...basically, if the 3 Little Pigs were an opera.
After this show, I headed out to the Roving Imp for a movie watching. Nobody knew what we were going to watch. We took 2 movies and voted to eliminate one and vote for 2. The movies I took to be voted on were The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy (which 1) won and 2) was also my vote for this coming Friday night's Biblioclast...I don't know if it'll be picked but it's the one I voted for). The other movie I had was Stranger Than Fiction.
Anyway, that was my fun filled magical weekend summed up into a nice short blog entry.

No comments: