Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Roving Imp Garage Sale

The Roving Imp theater and coffee shop had a garage sale this last Sunday. Very few things were sold by the end of the day so the garage sale is still going on. So far, I've been able to sale 2 DVDs. They were DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR? and PATCH ADAMS. I have also been able to put a few of my N64 games on layaway for James's parents to pick up for him...he's in Germany but collects games like that. I also took a few CDs, a few other DVDs, a few Gamecube games, a few books, a few VHS tapes, a few books and a few music boxes. Sunday, I bought 2 CDs from Nifer and 2 books from John. The CDs were Paul Simon's GRACELAND and John Lennon's LEGEND. The books I got from John were TERMINATOR 2 JUDGEMENT DAY and STAR TREK DEEP SPACE NINE: WHAT YOU LEAVE BEHIND. These are novelazations to a movie and the final episode of a TV show respectively.
I was able to get rid of a music box that playes "The Way We Were" with a stegasaurous inside the snow globe (closest pic I can get). (What was a guy doing with a music box that played "The Way We Were?" Freakin' Stegasaurous)! What I did was I traded with Nifer. In exchanged for the music box (she liked the concept of a music box with a dinosaur playing "The Way We Were" for the ironic humor of it) I got 1 CD and 4 books from her with no Cash in the mix with the exception of Johnny Cash. The CD was JOHNNY CASH - AMERICAN VI: AIN'T NO GRAVE. The books are STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION: INTO THE NEBULA (not an actual episode), STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION: TO STORM HEAVEN (also not an actual episode), THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN, and THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: THE LAST BATTLE.
Nifer thought she had the rest of the books but they weren't there. So she said she'd look for them (Narnia books) but I said if she didn't find them, no big deal. I had the complete set in 1 book once. It was barrowed. But I had to return it due to circumstances.

Anyway, the sale is still going on until like Thursday or Friday or something. I'm still hoping to sell more stuff. The DVDs are $1 and the VHS and CDs are down to $0.50 and $2.00 or so respectively. I've got some books there for about $0.25-$1.00.

No comments: